Jackrabbit CMS Installation Help
What are the minimum requirements to download the Jackrabbit CMS standalone App?
For now, this is a MAC only program. It will work on most MACs as long as they were produced in the last 10 to 15 years.
Can't I access my Jackrabbit CMS online?
You sure can! The standalone App was developed for customer convenience but the Jackrabbit tied to your individual website is still accessible at yourwebsite.com/jackrabbit, just replace "yourwebsite" with your actual domain name.
Why download the Jackrabbit CMS Application?
The short answer is convenience. It allows you to access your Content Management System with a single click! The Application really shines if you have multiple websites allowing you a single interface to access all those websites Jackrabbit CMSs.
Where do I download the desktop app?
You can visit our Jackrabbit page
for a quick overview of the many features that come packaged with our superior content management system. For a direct download, click here... jackrabbit.zip
How do I install the Jackrabbit CMS Desktop Application?
- First you must download the Jackrabbit Zip file
- Once you unzip the file, you will want to make sure jackrabbit.app is in your Application Folder (just drag and drop)
- Upon opening jackrabbit.app for the first time, you will receive a warning that looks like this. Press OK...
Do not fear, this just means we have not formally registered with Apple and put Jackrabbit on the Apple App Store.
- Go to your System Preferences and click on Security & Privacy.
- Make sure you are on the first tab labeled General, you should see a message mentioning the failed attempt to open "Jackrabbit.app"
- Click Open Anyway, this will be the only time you have to do this.
- Enjoy the convenience of managing your website directly from your desktop!
How Do I add a website to the Jackrabbit Desktop App?
- Once inside your Jackrabbit Desktop App, Adding websites is simple.
- First you will want to put a Name you recognize in the "Name" field.
Note: This name will only appear in the "My Websites" area of your desktop app
- Next type in the domain of your website in either of these formats, yourwebsite.com or www.yourwebsite.com. If there is a Jackrabbit attached to that website, you will see the site appear in your "My Websites" area.
- Click on the website you just added to that area and a login screen will appear. Use your Scared Rabbit account to login. You will only have to do this once.
Note: If you have forgotten your username and password, you can recover them here
- You are all done, enjoy the quick and easy access our desktop app provides to quickly make changes to all your website's content!